STP High Mileage Fuel Injector Cleaners are uniquelly formulated to simplify the process of removing power-robbing deposits from the fuel injection systems, providing it with a good clean passage way and providing additonal protection against wear and tear.
A single treatment will greatly improve fuel economy, eradicate emissions, and restore power and acceleration. The end result of this is engine enhancement, courtsey of STP Wearguard.
How to Use STP Fuel Injector Cleaner?
To use STP® High Mileage Fuel Injector Cleaner , follow the steps below:
- Add a bottle of STP Fuel injector cleaner into a full fuel tank (just like you would add fuel to the tank). You can repeat this step every 3000 miles to keep your fuel injectors sparkling clean and feeling brand new.
So how does STP Fuel Injector Cleaner work?
STP High Mileage Fuel Injector Cleaner restores the spray pattern and fuel flow rate of the dirty injectors by getting rid of the internal injector and nozzle tip deposits.
Although specifically designed for vehicles with over 75,000 miles, vehicles under that speed per hour too can still make use of this with no worries at all.
Once you begin to hit 50 Miles, you should begin to notice the benefits of the STP Mileage Fuel Injector cleaners.
STP Fuel Injector Cleaner is specifically designed for fuel injection systems, not for carbureted engines like those that use carburetors. Carbureted engines and fuel injection systems operate differently, and using the wrong type of cleaner can potentially cause issues.
If you have a carbureted engine and you’re looking to clean the carburetor, use a carburetor cleaner that is specifically formulated for carbureted engines. These cleaners are designed to remove varnish, gum, and other deposits that can accumulate in a carburetor.
If you’re using STP Fuel Injector Cleaner, follow these steps for a fuel injection system:
- Choose the Right Product: Ensure you have the correct type of STP Fuel Injector Cleaner for your vehicle’s fuel injection system. Read the product label for compatibility and instructions.
- Safety Precautions: Put on safety gloves and eye protection to avoid direct contact with the product.
- Park Your Vehicle: Park your vehicle in a well-ventilated area, preferably outdoors. Make sure the engine is turned off and cool before you begin.
- Read the Instructions: Carefully read and follow the instructions provided on the product label. Different products may have slightly different usage instructions, so it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Locate the Fuel Filler Cap: Open your vehicle’s fuel filler cap to access the fuel tank.
- Optional: Use a Fuel Additive Funnel: Using a funnel designed for fuel additives can help prevent spillage and ensure accurate pouring.
- Add the Cleaner to the Fuel Tank: Pour the recommended amount of STP Fuel Injector Cleaner into the fuel tank. The amount to add will depend on the size of your vehicle’s fuel tank and the concentration recommended on the product label. Follow these recommendations closely.
- Refuel Your Vehicle: After adding the cleaner, refill the fuel tank with the appropriate type of gasoline. This will help mix the cleaner with the fuel and distribute it throughout the fuel injection system.
- Start Your Vehicle: Start your vehicle’s engine and let it run for a few minutes to allow the cleaner to enter the fuel lines and injectors.
- Drive Your Vehicle: Take your vehicle for a drive after adding the cleaner to the fuel tank. Driving helps the cleaner to be drawn into the fuel injectors and other components, effectively cleaning the fuel injection system.
- Observe Performance: Pay attention to any improvements in your vehicle’s performance, such as smoother idling, improved acceleration, or better fuel efficiency.
- Repeat as Needed: Some cases might require multiple treatments for optimal results. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for how often you can use the product.
- Dispose of Packaging: Dispose of the product packaging and any remaining cleaner according to your local regulations for hazardous waste.
Remember that using the appropriate cleaner for your specific engine component is crucial to achieving effective cleaning and optimal performance.
Do You put Fuel Injector Cleaner in before or after Gas?
You can add in a sizeable amount of injector cleaner by following the instructions written on the label. Use one that fits the capacity of your fuel tank.
Once you have emptied the contents of the injector bottle in your Fuel filler, top it up with your regular fuel.
ALSO SEE: How to Use Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner?
How Long does it take for STP fuel Injector Cleaner to Work?
It takes 10 minutes to begin to see the effects of this fuel injector cleaner. However, depending on how clogged your car system is, it might take longer.
Does STP fuel injector cleaner really work?
Yes, the STP Fuel Injector cleaner works to improve vehicle performance while saving gas, and cleaning valves, cynlinder heads, and other parts of your fuel system.